Whether your child is entering pre-school, returning to grade school or heading off to university, Brighter Life brings you tips and tools to help you start the school year right.
- Ensure a smooth transition from summer vacation to classroom. Ever had a dream where you show up late to school wearing pyjamas? Toronto teacher mom, Diana Mancuso, has. Check out five strategies she developed to help prevent her nightmare from turning into a reality in Preparing your child for back-to-school.
- Cut costs on school supplies. Looking for ways to stretch your back-to-school budget? Frugalista, Amrita Singh, shares clever ways to save on clothing, school supplies, snacks and more in Bright ideas for back-to-school savings.
- Head off back-to-school colds. Children can be exposed to a lot of illnesses at daycare, but there are things you can do to boost their immunity and decrease their chances of coming down with whatever is going around. Learn ways to help keep your kids healthy in How to dodge daycare germs.
- Minimize student debt. As college and university tuition costs rise, so does student debt. But it’s possible to borrow wisely and repay responsibly. Learn how in Smart ways to manage student loans.
- Consider going back to school in retirement. Always wished you could have studied at a top university such as MIT? Or learned a new language? Now you can. Thanks to the Internet, you can satisfy your thirst for learning and even earn that longed-for degree. Get Free online courses for learning at any age.
|Get more bright ideas for back-to-school.|
An advisor can help you understand how life insurance and critical illness insurance work together to protect your family with insurance solutions from Sun Life Financial. Don’t have an advisor? Visit Sun Life Financial Advisor Match to help you find one in your area.
Get monthly tips and tools to help you plan a brighter financial future
To receive recommended reads about money, health and family, sign up for the FREE monthly Brighter Life newsletter.
Get more FREE tips and tools on money, health and family
Sign up for the monthly Brighter Life newsletter.
Enter your email address: